If you’re concerned about the environment and your power usage at home, Google seems to think that comparing power usage might be beneficial. With that in mind, you’ll probably want to check out Google PowerMeter, which you can activate on your personalized iGoogle page. Google PowerMeter will allow you to share your data with others and compare your energy usage with each other. Google’s blog cites a case where a user noted that his home air-conditioning system was consuming a lot more energy than his friend’s system, and both lived in the same area with similar sized houses. This led him to find out that his air conditioner was malfunctioning. Can you think of any scenarios at home where Google PowerMeter might be beneficial to you?
- 2014-04-16: Google Offering $100,000 For Best Project Ara Module
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-16: Google Develops Algorithm That Can Decipher Its Own CAPTCHAs
- 2014-04-16: Google Launches Standalone Camera App For Android
- 2014-04-16: Chrome Remote Desktop Hits Mobile Devices
- 2011-01-26: Google embeds wildflower seeds into Adsense letters
- 2009-05-03: Google Hires Goats