Google seems to be interested in dipping their fingers across a wide range of devices, and we have whiff of Google TV in the works. This ambitious platform looks set to deliver web content to Android-based set-top boxes as well as TVs through a series of partnerships including Sony, Intel and Logitech among others. Google has hopes that this new platform will be able to break the previous failures of prior efforts from other companies, with a bright spark that could seamlessly integrate web content onto TVs. According to The Times, Google TV will see set-top boxes that are powered by Intel Atom processors as well as those that run on an Android-based platform. Do you think that Google might be overextending themselves here?
Next Story: Inaugural ereader on the iPad
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Off-White Google Glass Sold Out Quickly
- 2014-04-15: Google I/O Ticket Registration Kicks Off, Lottery System Implemented
- 2014-04-15: ETA For Project Ara's Release Set For January 2015
- 2014-04-15: Buy Google Glass Today In The U.S.
- 2013-12-08: Google TV Might Be Brought Under The 'Nexus' Umbrella
- 2013-12-03: Driver Pleads “Not Guilty” For Wearing Google Glass While Driving
- 2013-07-16: Google To Roll Out Online TV Service (Rumor)
- 2012-10-08: Google TV gets Google Play Movies, TV shows, and music
- 2010-05-19: Google Smart TV Just Around The Bend?