Beijing Gorld has come up with a weirdly named Gorld 600TW ebook reader, where it will feature an E-ink display for you to read all your digital tomes when you have the time. Apart from that, the 600TW will also help you keep in touch with family and friends, since it doubles up as a cellphone by allowing you to make/receive calls and send text messages. This is obvious from the Call button, End Call button and message button located on the keyboard. Other features of this 6″ E-ink display ebook reader includes Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, and a 3,000 mAh battery which can last up to 6,000 page turns – although whether that includes having the cellphone segment turned on all the time or not is another matter. Do you think that such a convergence device will catch on, or is it a step in the wrong direction?
Next Story: Zero Taxis to hit Tokyo this Thursday
- 2011-04-28: Westminster Abbey gets cell phone jammers for royal wedding
- 2011-04-13: Nokia Nenya magnetic ring controls your handset
- 2009-12-09: Fennec on Nokia N900
- 2009-12-30: Nokia N900 gets versatile with BlueMaemo
- 2010-11-17: Celsius X VI II LeDix watch phone