A bunch of researchers at the University of Liege managed to pit their brains together, coming up with an algorithm which is smart enough to separate movement from background in a digital camera. They dub the process ViBe, and this patented piece of code will not exceed 100 lines of C. The video above shows off proof of concept by hacking the code into CHDK, which is actually an alternative Canon PowerShot firmware. Do take note that this is meant for non-commercial use only.
- 2013-10-17 Fujifilm X-E2 Interchangeable Lens Camera Announced
- 2013-04-29 Fujifilm FinePix JZ700 Digital Camera
- 2013-02-18 Casio EX-ZS30 Shooter Announced
- 2013-01-29 Olympus Stylus TG-830 Tough Digital Camera
- 2013-01-29 Olympus Stylus TG-2 Tough Digital Camera