Here’s a rather interesting interactive display, dubbed Impress. The impress sports an Arduino based processor fitted to control sensors placed between pieces of foam on the surface, so you can prod and press on the surface to get different results, which will be reflected via the overhead projector. One of the possible uses for such technology would include 3D modeling, as can be seen in the video (after the jump), 3D galleries, music creation and news reading. It’s actually quite interesting to see how the user can press and mould the 3D model with your bare hands. Check out the video in the full post and see for yourself what we mean.
- Interlocking Ring Set Shows That You Both Truly Belong Together
- Dutch Authorities Finds That Google Violated Its Data Protection Act
- Microsoft Reportedly Edging Towards Alan Mulally And Satya Nadella For CEO Slot
- BiblioTech Is The US' First Bookless Public Library
- Victoria's Secret Debuts 3D-Printed Lingerie During Fashion Show
- Follow: display, flexible display,
- Seen at: gizmowatch