Every guy out there probably loves robots one way or another, and what better way to pay tribute to robots than by erecting a giant statue of one of the most popular robots ever – Gundam? The folks over in Japan have come up with the 18-meter, life-sized Gundam statue, which was previously taken down before. Now the giant robot is back, and it has a giant lightsaber to accompany it, in case anybody decides to take it down again. This giant statue will be located in the city of Shizuoka this July, and is estimated to draw 900,000 visitors and 40 billion yen over the course of 300 days. Not too shabby, even after taking into account the effort to put up such a statue, and make the lightsaber light up, no less.
- 2014-03-30: NTT Docomo Smartphone Elderly Monitoring Service Launched
- 2014-03-28: Japan Warns Citizens Of Impending Missile Strikes Via Text Messages
- 2014-03-17: Mario Kart Race Happens In Tokyo
- 2014-03-17: Japan To Get New Wii U Bundle
- 2014-03-14: SoftBank's CEO Reveals How He Brought The iPhone To Japan
- 2010-12-21: Giant fake Gundam robot in Chinese amusement park causes a stir