The rumors of a “Microsoft Phone” have been going around for so long, it felt like a rumor that would never die, but now it seems that live pictures of such a phone (from Microsoft’s Project Pink) have surfaced, and it’s apparently the Sidekick-like Pure that was mentioned sometime back. According to the leak, the phone will be hitting Verizon Wireless, and despite looking like it’s running Windows Phone 7, it’s not powered by Microsoft’s latest mobile OS. Word is that there is a download screen for new apps, but there weren’t any apps available at that time. Would the release of a Microsoft phone change the market, or will it just be a lot of fanfare without much result? A leaked firmware has also been uncovered, and the icons have been pulled from it. Check out the icons after the jump.
- Motorola Droid MAXX Review
- Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition Released
- Ubuntu Touch OS Finally Has Its First Smartphone Partner
- Galaxy S5 And Galaxy Note 4 Might Have PLS LCD Displays
- Leap Motion Gesture Control Could Debut On Smartphones And Tablets Late Next Year
- Follow: Microsoft, pure, windows, windows mobile, windows phone 7,
- Seen at: gizmodo