The rumors of a “Microsoft Phone” have been going around for so long, it felt like a rumor that would never die, but now it seems that live pictures of such a phone (from Microsoft’s Project Pink) have surfaced, and it’s apparently the Sidekick-like Pure that was mentioned sometime back. According to the leak, the phone will be hitting Verizon Wireless, and despite looking like it’s running Windows Phone 7, it’s not powered by Microsoft’s latest mobile OS. Word is that there is a download screen for new apps, but there weren’t any apps available at that time. Would the release of a Microsoft phone change the market, or will it just be a lot of fanfare without much result? A leaked firmware has also been uncovered, and the icons have been pulled from it. Check out the icons after the jump.
Next Story: Mindflex game modded to shock folks
- 2014-04-23 Remote Desktop Preview App For Windows Phone 8.1 Released
- 2014-04-23 China Thinks Windows 8 Is ‘Expensive’
- 2014-04-23 Bing In Classroom Arrives At All U.S. Schools
- 2014-04-23 Xbox One For Japan Launches On 4th September
- 2014-04-22 Microsoft Organizes Party To Celebrate E.T. Videogame Dig
- 2011-08-11 Windows Phone 7 Mango out this September 1st?
- 2011-05-09 Microsoft interested in purchasing Skype?
- 2011-04-13 Microsoft announces Windows Phone 7 Mango details
- 2010-02-15 Windows Phone 7 Series
- 2010-05-04 Microsoft To Bring The Core Of Its Desktop OS To Smartphones Via Menlo?