RIM has been busy sending out scheduled maintenance notifications to admins and carriers as the folks behind the ever popular BlackBerry are preparing to roll out BIS 3.0 to North American users. While you can expect there to be a bit of turbulence, hopefully it won’t affect too many people, as most folks should be sleeping during that timeframe anyways. Let’s wait and see what happens, and hopefully the transition will be painless. Details and timeframe of the maintenance include:
- There will be scheduled network maintenance by Research In Motion (RIM) affecting BIS customers between 0100 CT / 0200 EDT on March 28th and 0500 CT / 0600 EDT on March 28th.
- Blackberry will be performing a BlackBerry Internet Service v2.8 upgrade to BlackBerry Internet Service v3.0
- BlackBerry Internet Service subscribers may be unable to send or receive messages using their BlackBerry hosted email account or integrated third-party email accounts, view email attachments, activate email service, or request to see “”more”" text during the maintenance.
- Wireless service providers and device resellers may be unable to create subscriber accounts or provision services for subscribers.
- The estimated duration of impact is 4 hours and affects 100% of BIS customers.
Next Story: Cubely 3D Printer