Skype is certainly one of the more useful services on the Internet, and almost anyone who uses it regularly will be able to tell you the cost benefits of using Skype over your normal cellular call. With that in mind, is Nokia nailing the coffin on regular cell phone calls with the announcement that it will be offering a native Skype client in its Ovi Store? With such a move, over 200 million users globally will be able to access Skype directly from their Nokia phones, and if there is a handy Wi-Fi connection around, making calls couldn’t be cheaper!
In case you were wondering if your phone is supported, the press release lists the following phones, so if yours is on the list, you’re good to go. Nokia N97, Nokia N97 mini, Nokia X6, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic and Nokia 5530 and the following non-touch devices: Nokia E72, Nokia E71, Nokia E90, Nokia E63, Nokia E66, Nokia E51, Nokia N96, Nokia N95, Nokia N95 8Gb, Nokia N85, Nokia N82, Nokia N81, Nokia N81 8 Gb, Nokia N79, Nokia N78, Nokia 6220 classic, Nokia 6210 Navigator, Nokia 5320.
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2011-10-10: Ovi Store revamped as Nokia Store
- 2011-09-16: Ovi logo removed from Ovi Store website
- 2011-08-05: Bounce It brings hours of bouncing fun to your Nokia phone
- 2011-01-20: The Ovi Store is very popular in China
- 2010-04-24: Nokia X5 And C5 Go Official In China