It won’t be immediate that you will be able to enjoy true motion controls on the Sony PS3, since the PlayStation Move platform will be hitting the gaming scene only sometime this fall. Finally, Sony seems to have seen the light where motion controls are concerned, but we are sure the PlayStation Move won’t come cheap – not as cheap as the Wii, anyways. After all, you will not only have the PlayStation Move controller to be concerned with, you will also have to pick up the accompanying PlayStation Move sub-controller that is meant to be used in tandem with the motion controller for intuitive navigation of in-game characters and objects. Apart from that, there is also the need to merge it with the PlayStation Eye camera (now ain’t that a whole lot of additional peripherals) for the console to (finally) able to detect precise movement, angle, and absolute position in 3D space. No idea on pricing details, but we do look forward to developers implementing what was once derided as “waggle controls” by the folks at Sony themselves. Foot in mouth, anyone? Check out our hands-on of the PlayStation Move. [Press Release]
Next Story: Is The Motorola Opus One The Motorola i1?
- 2014-04-24 Sony Brings Its Background Defocus Camera App Onto Google Play
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2011-11-11 Sony announces PlayStation Move bundles
- 2011-06-06 What's new with the PlayStation Move
- 2011-04-15 PlayStation 3 crosses 50 million mark and Move sells 8 million worldwide
- 2011-03-31 SOCOM 4 Is A Hardcore PlayStation Move + Sharp Shooter Game Done Right
- 2010-09-19 iFixit does teardown of PlayStation Move