In a technologically advanced country such as Japan, who would have thought that a digital video recorder attachment for the PS3 would enjoy brisk sales? Well, apparently Sony’s Torne (the aforementioned digital video recorder attachment) is doing just that. The Torne allows you to watch digital terrestrial broadcasting on your PS3, as well as record them for later viewing, which is probably the Japanese equivalent of the European PlayTV. In case you’re tempted to import one of these Stateside, it’s certainly worth noting that it’s only capable of recording Japanese terrestrial TV signals, so it probably wouldn’t do you much good outside of Japan.RELATED
- Flixster App Launched On Xbox 360 With Support For UltraViolet Videos
- Silverlight Coming To Xbox 360 To Enable More 3rd Party Apps?
- LoveFilm Now Available On The PS3 In UK
- GameString Adrenalin Offers Personal Cloud Gaming On Your Google TV
- Disc-free Netflix Streaming Comes To The Nintendo Wii
- Follow: console, japan, ps3, Sony,
- Seen at: playstation.joystiq