[DEMO Spring 2010] Voxofon, a mobile Voip applications provider, launched its family-oriented mobile app, Voxofon Ambit. Basically this mobile software is a social media app for beginners with a parental control component. Both kids and parents have a Voxofon Ambit client installed in their smartphones, the parents get a web control panel to ensure their children online safety.
The application allows the adults to do the following:
- Limit access to applications and features
- Monitor the time and place that phone is used
- Have dynamic and remote control of the child’s smartphone from their own smartphone in real time
- Protect children from inappropriate contacts
- Know where children are at all times
- Stay in touch during busy workdays
- The social media functions allow kids to communicate easily with close friends and their parents, post updates and share photos.
Voxofon Ambit will be available on Android and will be launched for other mobile OS later. I may not be a big fan of extreme surveillance, but I like the talk time control feature, remembering how many hours I spent on the phone when I was a kid…