Diana Eng is one talented lady who has ventured far and wide into technology enhanced fashion, having released a collection of dresses that are full of sparkling light as well as shape-shifting in a dreamy manner. The latter is made possible thanks to origami style folded fabric that are animated through shape shifting wires (memory alloys), resulting in a beautiful, sophisticated effect. As for the Twinkle Dress and Shirt, you get an integration of technology within a garment without looking out of place. The El wire dress that you see here is an Aqua silk chiffon organically draped dress coupled with electroluminescent wires that are integrated in the edges, where its illumination is controlled by an accelerometer while its collection of battery and electronics are amalgamated into a 3D printed neck piece. Good luck washing these!
- 2011-05-26: Guide vest that lets blind wearers "see" the world via tactile feedback
- 2011-05-10: Palm Touch Panel turns your palm into a touchscreen display
- 2011-04-28: Awaiba NanEye camera is super small
- 2011-04-28: Westminster Abbey gets cell phone jammers for royal wedding
- 2011-04-26: Radar detects concussions in athletes and soldiers