Users who are planning to purchase Apple’s iPad with a 3G modem probably already know that AT&T is offering two data plan prices for the device, which are $14.99/month for 250MB or $29.99 for unlimited data. While it’s not too hard to walk into an AT&T store to request for the change in plan, it seems that Apple has gone one step further, and made things easy for everybody. You’ll be able to sign up, check your data usage, manage your account, and even cancel your service directly from the iPad. Since there is no contract binding you to a specific data plan, you’ll be able to switch between plans as and when you wish, which is certainly good news. Users who are on a 250MB/month plan will be sent 3 alerts (20%, 10% and 0% remaining), in order to let users know when additional data might be needed for the month. As an added benefit, AT&T’s 3G service plans for the iPad allows users to access over 20,000 of AT&T’s Wi-Fi hotspots, which just makes the deal seem sweeter.
Next Story: Mozilla Is Testing Firefox Account Manager
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2012-11-16: AT&T Announces iPad mini Availability
- 2012-03-06: AT&T and Verizon teases something “Exciting” On website
- 2011-04-08: Apple confirms Verizon iPad 2 3G issues
- 2011-03-08: Philips Fidelio SoundSphere docking speakers work with AirPlay
- 2010-04-29: AT&T Readies Its Micro-SIM For The iPad 3G's Launch