Ever wonder how the person on the other side of the line is feeling? Is he angry, calm, or happy? If you’re not able to tell through his tone, the features of the AffectPhone project might help. What it can do is monitor the emotions of the person on the line, and convey the feeling to the recipient via heat or coolness. Of course, both parties would need to have the same setup, but if this were built into mobile phones in the future, customer service operators who get angry calls might end up with a lot of (literally) hot phones. Check out a video of it in action after the jump, though the speech is in Japanese.
- 2013-09-16 Fairphone Is First Fair Trade Smartphone In The World
- 2013-08-26 Instant Pizza Button On Your Hotel Phone
- 2013-07-23 Samsung Phone Runs On Urine
- 2013-07-10 Toddler Purchases Vintage Car By Accident Over Dad's Phone
- 2013-04-12 Phone Camera Assists Medical Field Again