AMD has just introduced the ATI FirePro V8800, supporting DirectX 11 features, similar to that from the Radeon HD 5000 series, albeit with hardware and software that has been optimized for workstations. The core is capable of handling 2.6 teraflops of computing power, which is certainly good enough to power the four video outputs at the back of the card. The V8800 has 2GB of GDDR5 RAM, as well as 1,600 stream processors. While this card isn’t priced like a Ferrari, it’s still enough to make a dent in your wallet, as the asking price is $1,499, but if you’re building a new workstation, this would probably be a good card to have inside, no?RELATED
- Polycom RealPresence in the new Anybots Q(X) Virtual Presence
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Limited Edition 24k Gold Nikon FA Spotted On eBay For $12,000
- Newer Canon EOS M Expected In Second Half Of 2014
- Sony RX10 Photo and Video Samples
- Follow: AMD, ati,
- Seen at: electronista