This is still far from an official confirmation, but reports are coming in that the upcoming iPhone 4G could be powered by Apple’s A4 processor, which is the same processor used by the iPad. Considering the comfortable way the A4 processor is able to handle the iPad, it wouldn’t be too much of a surprise if Apple did decide to use its homegrown A4 chip. Said chip is a modified, system-on-chip (SoC) design, based on ARM’s Cortex-A8. Taking into account that the A4 is able to churn out 720p video playback, there’s a high possibility that the iPhone 4G will be able to churn out HD video. Sounds good, doesn’t it?
Next Story: Nokia X5 Phone Mentioned
- 2014-03-11: iPhone 4 Gets New Lease On Life With iOS 7.1
- 2014-02-05: iPhone 4 Production Resumed For Select Markets [Report]
- 2014-01-21: Apple iPhone 4 Relaunched In India
- 2014-01-14: 8GB iPhone 4 Reportedly Launching In India To Boost Sales
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2012-08-22: iPhone 4, I choose you!
- 2011-12-28: Connect Design Block Case for the iPhone 4/4S: a case inspired by LEGO
- 2011-12-22: iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak demonstrated on video