In yet another sign that the tablet fever is that an all-time high, rumors of a Blackberry tablet have surfaced in the Taiwanese component supply chain. Multiple sources have reportedly received orders related to a 8.9″ Blackberry Tablet. Hon Hai, a contract manufacturer that builds the iPad for Apple, is said to be one of the company that got the contract. Of course, at the moment, this is unconfirmed and highly speculative.
The word on the street is that the Blackberry tablet would have a WiFi and 3G capability (remember that a Blackberry is pretty much useless with WiFi only). Also the content would be subsidized by Advertising. “The [unit] volume is not very high”, according to the source. Doesn’t that contradict the advertising bit? How can you create an advertising platform with a low volume of devices/ad views? Take the whole thing with a grain of salt. Spotted on Crackberry.
- 2014-01-07 Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and Galaxy Tab Pro Series – hands-on review
- 2013-12-10 HP EliteBook Revolve G2
- 2013-12-10 Quark A Kickstarter Project That Help Kids Learn Via Fun
- 2013-12-06 No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- 2013-09-06 LG G Pad: Hands On Review
- 2011-12-21 RIM now accepting Android app submissions from aggregator developers
- 2011-12-20 Facebook for BlackBerry PlayBook updated to 2.0
- 2011-12-13 Rooted BlackBerry PlayBook allows USB host support
- 2011-12-09 Next BlackBerry PlayBook to feature 4G LTE connectivity and a higher resolution display?
- 2011-12-07 BlackBerry PlayBook update disables dingleberry root