Do you think that the 50GB capacity of Blu-ray discs just doesn’t cut it when you’re trying to archive your data at home? In that case, you’ll want to look forward to the new BDXL format, which is good enough to offer a capacity of up to 128GB (write once), or 100GB (rewritable) storage space. With the good news out of the way, we’ve got to move on to the bad news, which is the fact that you’ll likely need a new player in order to use these discs, since it uses about three to four layers, which translates to the need for a more powerful laser. It’s unlikely that a firmware upgrade will be able to solve this, so it seems to indicate that you’ll need to spend some money in order to enjoy this.
Next Story: Healthier Pool Purifier For Your Swimming Pool
- 2014-03-12: Blu-ray Player Hacked To Be Salmonella Detector
- 2013-10-08: Music Albums To Arrive In Blu-ray Format Soon
- 2012-01-09: Sceptre 3D HDTV integrates Blu-ray drive
- 2011-10-17: Transformers: Dark of the Moon gets Blu-ray 3D version
- 2011-09-30: Star Trek: The Next Generation coming in Blu-ray package