Good news for folks who are living in the New York metropolitan area, as Cablevision, Comcast and Time Warner have agreed to let customers roam across Wi-Fi networks owned by each other at no additional charge. Currently the deal is limited to the New York metropolitan area, which extends from Jersey Shore to the Hamptons. Under the new deal, you’ll be able to use your own provider’s sign-on process to access the Internet on Wi-Fi services such as Optimum Wi-Fi, Time Warner Cable Wi-Fi and Xfinity Wi-Fi. Not too bad a deal, right?
Next Story: Nokia N86 has microUSB problems as well
- 2014-04-14: Netflix Speeds On Comcast See Massive Improvement
- 2014-04-10: Comcast Wi-Fi Phone Service Rumored
- 2014-04-08: New Apple Set-Top Box Hinted In Comcast/Time Warner Cable Filings
- 2014-03-23: Apple And Comcast In Talks Over Streaming TV Service [Rumor]
- 2014-03-10: House Of Cards Coming To Comcast Xfinity Store Sans Netflix
- 2014-02-13: Comcast And Time Warner Cable Merged