If you needed another reason why you should get a Chumby One, it turns out that the device is able to communicate with certain models of 3G USB dongles, allowing you to turn it into a 3G router. The downside is that there is no graphical interface, so you’ll need to do the configuration via the SSH network protocol. The good news is that instructions have been posted, so if you’re feeling adventurous, you could give it a try.
- 2013-05-19: Verizon 3G Prepaid Plans Data Cap Increased
- 2013-04-24: FreedomPop Announces Sprint-Friendly Hotspot For $40
- 2013-03-26: North Korea Prevents Tourists From Getting A 3G Connection
- 2012-10-11: Verizon to sunset 2G and 3G CDMA networks by 2021 [Updated]
- 2012-08-15: Japan's minimum nation requirements: 3G connectivity