In a move that seems a little out of the blue, Microsoft and Facebook have announced Docs.com, a social word-processing platform, allowing you to share your Office documents on Facebook. It’s still in the beta phase, but let’s see whether it’s a worthy challenger to Google’s online office suite – Google Docs. Similar to Google Docs, Docs.com allows you to create Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents, built using Microsoft Office 2010. With more and more apps moving to the cloud, it’ll be very interesting to see who comes out tops when it comes to cloud computing.
Next Story: Lenovo IdeaPad V460 Appears
- 2014-04-17: Facebook Nearby Friends Feature Introduced
- 2014-04-16: Facebook Acquisition Will Make Sense In A Year, According To Oculus VR's Founder
- 2014-04-15: Office 365 Personal Makes It Cheaper To Unlock All Features On iPad
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Updates Office Online With Tell Me, Commenting And More
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"