We’ve seen Quake II run on HTML 5, but how about Doom running on the Zune HD? Now in version 1.1, this port by Netrix seems to run pretty smoothly, and you can choose to use touch or tilt to navigate your marine around. Of course, this port isn’t pixel perfect, so expect Doom to miss input from the touchscreen at times when pressing the side media button. Future improvements are already being lined up, with sensitivity adjustment being one of them.
Next Story: Apple to Buy AMD?
- 2013-11-13: Microsoft Retiring Zune Marketplace As Early As November 22
- 2012-04-26: Microsoft rumored to unveil cross-platform Zune successor at E3 later this year
- 2012-02-06: Free Zune pass for one year with Windows Phone purchase
- 2011-10-27: Zune Music heading Down Under this November 16th
- 2011-10-10: Zune HD killed yet again
- 2011-10-03: Microsoft: Zune players officially dead
- 2011-05-04: 16GB Zune HD slashed to $169