What makes the Huawei C8600 smartphone so special? For starters, this is one of the first few smartphones in China that runs on the latest version of the Android operating system, which is Android 2.1 (aka Eclair), where it will be equipped with a 3.5″ capacitive touchscreen display with multi-touch support, a 1500mAh battery to help you get through the day without recharging and a customized home screen interface which is known as Dynamic Desktop by Huawei. You get up to two rows of five which allows you to scroll vertically, giving you a maximum of 15 pages of space to store all your icons and shortcuts. It seems to run faster than the updated Motorola Droid/Milestone, and those in China can look forward to the Huawei C8600 this May on China Telecom’s CDMA2000 network. Chances are it won’t see any action outside of China, but it would be interesting to see how this pretty high powered Android smartphone performs in that part of the world.
Next Story: myTouch Slide to come in a trio of colors
- 2014-04-09: Arirang AS1201 Could Be Made In China, Ironically
- 2014-04-07: OnePlus One To Feature 3GB RAM, 2.5GHz Snapdragon 801 Processor
- 2014-04-07: Sharp Aquos Xx 302Sh Packed To The Brim With Features
- 2014-03-18: Smart Phone Projector Looks Corny But Works As Intended
- 2014-03-10: MIDIA InkPhone E-Reader Doubles Up As A Phone
- 2013-04-24: Huawei To Shift Its Carrier Business Focus From The U.S.
- 2013-04-22: Huawei A199 (Ascend G710) Officially Announced For China
- 2013-03-29: Sprint And Softbank Promise Not To Use Chinese Equipment, Will Replace Huawei Products In Clearwire's Portfolio
- 2013-01-15: Hands on: Huawei Ascend Mate Review
- 2012-09-03: Lenovo Plans Multiple Acquisitions And A Wider Range of Smartphones