Following the footsteps of Sharp, Hitachi Display will also roll out its new 3D LCD technology that is powered by a parallax barrier and IPS technology. It will come in a 3.1″ model as at press time with a maximum resolution of 480 × 854 pixels, featuring a 1,000:1 contrast ratio and 400cd/m2 brightness. Oh yeah – you don’t need 3D glasses to see its effects apparently, which would bode well for those who already wear prescription glasses. The main issue now would be its practicality in everyday life, as well as its cost – will it be affordable enough for the layman to adopt?
- 2014-03-18: Peanuts 3D Set To Grace The Silver Screen In 2015
- 2014-01-16: Adobe Introduces 3D Printing Capabilities In Photoshop
- 2014-01-15: Pin Screen On A Building Looks Out Of This World
- 2013-12-06: No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- 2013-11-27: IZON Wants You To View 3D LED TVs Sans 3D Glasses