Hitachi has apparently come up with a technology that is able to double the usable lifetime of a lithium-ion battery, which will certainly be welcome by all consumers all around. The method that Hitachi uses will extend the life of the manganese cathodes inside a cell, resulting in the batteries being able to achieve a lifespan of 10 years before needing to be replaced. The additional benefit of this new technology is that it uses less cobalt than usual batteries, and as a result, should be less expensive to produce. Are you currently dissatisfied with your notebook’s ailing battery? Hopefully Hitachi will be able to solve your woes.RELATED
- National Library Of Norway To Digitize Its Entire Collection Of Books And Materials
- Circuit Scribe Lets You Draw Circuits
- AmazonFresh Launched In San Francisco
- Nearly A Third Of Evernote's Revenue Comes From Its Store
- Mystery Google Barges On A 'Hiatus'
- Follow: batteries, battery, hitachi, lithium ion,
- Seen at: electronista