While there seems to be quite some evidence that the upcoming iPhone 4G will offer video chat, but recent updates from folks who have been delving into the iPhone OS 4 Beta 2 SDK hint that while video chat might be possible, it seems that it could be restricted to Wi-Fi only, meaning that you won’t be able to use video chat over a 3G connection. Of course, there isn’t any official confirmation on this just yet, but considering the known fact that AT&T’s network is already under a lot of strain due to the iPhone’s data usage, it wouldn’t be too surprising if this were true, it would still be quite disappointing, though.
Next Story: Black Nintendo Wii To Finally Launch In The US?
- 2014-04-22 Fading Carrier Subsidies May Hit High-End Smartphones
- 2014-04-22 5.5-inch iPhone Delayed To 2015 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 Google Glass SMS iPhone Support Coming Soon
- 2014-04-17 Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-16 Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2011-07-25 iPhone 4 is still selling well
- 2011-04-05 Verizon iPhone 4 owners report fewer dropped calls than those on AT&T
- 2010-05-25 AT&T Offers Free Wi-Fi In New York City