Camcorder fans should be rather happy that JVC has just introduced a new flagship camcorder in its ProHD line, the GY-HM790. This can probably be viewed as an upgrade to the current GY-HM700 device, and is capable of shooting videos in 1080p, 1080i, 720p and 480i resolutions. The modular design featured in this design allows users to attach ASI or BNC components to offer live feeds via satellite uplink or microwave transmitters. The 4.3-inch LCD display and 1.2-megapixel viewfinder should make viewing the videos that you’ve shot on this camcorder more enjoyable. JVC is planning to ship the GY-HM790 sometime this summer, and it should be retailing from $12,000, along with Canon’s 14x HD ENG lens.
Next Story: Nokia N8 Video Ad On Its Way?
- 2013-07-31: Canon VIXIA Mini Compact Personal Camcorder Announced
- 2013-04-03: Canon VIXIA HF G30 Camcorder
- 2013-01-08: Canon Vixia HF-R42 Camcorder Unveiled
- 2013-01-08: Panasonic HX-WA03 Camcorder Toughs It Out
- 2013-01-07: Sony HDR-PJ790V, HDR-PJ650V And HDR-PJ430V Debut At CES 2013
- 2012-06-28: JVC GC-XA1 ADIXXION camcorder sports a tough image
- 2012-03-12: JVC Everio Wi-Fi camcorders start to ship
- 2012-01-12: JVC GY-HMQ10 handheld 4k camcorder is a world's first
- 2011-03-07: JVC releases the world's first 3D consumer camcorder: the GS-TD-1
- 2010-08-24: JVC Introduces Its Picsio GC-WP10 And GC-FM2 1080p Pocket Camcorders