Looks like the Leica V-LUX 20 does not have to hide behind a cover any more, since it is available and official for the masses. This 12.1-megapixel shooter boasts superzoom capabilities with 25-300mm Leica DC-VARIO-ELMAR 4.1-49.2mm f/3.3-4.9 ASPH lens, accompanied by an integrated GPS capability. Touted to ship to the UK later this May, it will retail for £495 a pop, and when translated to our currency, it will be going for around $757, although chances are it will be cheaper when it arrives Stateside. Sporting a matte-black finish, this compact shooter is accompanied by a 1/2.33″ CCD sensor, 720p/60fps Motion JPEG video recording capability, a 460,000 pixel 3″ LCD display, 11-point AF and SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card compatibility amongs others.
- 2014-03-06: Leica T Type 701 Mirrorless Camera Could Be Announced on 24th April
- 2013-10-08: What If Jony Ive Designed Leica Cameras?
- 2013-09-09: Leica C Compact Camera Announced
- 2013-08-08: Leica C Type 112 Camera Could Be Announced Soon
- 2013-08-04: Leica DG Nocticron 42.5mm/F1.2 Lens Announced By Panasonic
- 2009-09-09: Leica M9 digital camera
- 2009-09-09: Leica X1 digital camera
- 2009-11-16: Leica M7 Hermes limited edition camera
- 2010-05-13: Sony DSC-WX1 Digital Camera Crammed Into A Fake Leica Body