For those of you who are ecstatic that you have a brand new 15″/17″ MacBook Pro (check out our early benchmarking tests) from Apple on its way to your home, don’t jump for joy just yet. There is still one minor but important thing for you to do before making full use of the new machine – download a 258MB patch. Yup, you read that right – MacBook Pro Software Update 1.3 “is recommended for all 15-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pro mid-2010 models and contains improvements for graphics stability for high-performance video and gaming applications as well as various bug fixes.” Right from the horse’s mouth, to boot! This update was posted today and requires Mac OS X 10.6.3 or higher to run.
Update 4/20: We’ve published our complete Macbook Pro Review
Next Story: Macbook Pro Core i7 is 30% Faster
- 2014-03-05: 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- 2013-11-07: Apple Issues Fix For 13" MacBook Pros' Trackpad And Keyboard Woes
- 2013-11-03: OS X Mavericks Taps MacBook Pro's Ambient Light Sensor To Detect Movement
- 2013-10-30: Apple Announces Fix Incoming For MacBook Pros With Keyboard/Trackpad Issues
- 2013-10-28: Late 2013 MacBook Pros Experiencing Keyboard And Trackpad Freezes
- 2013-03-05: 2013 Retina MacBook Pro Has Fan Speed Issues
- 2013-02-13: MacBook Pro With Retina Display Prices Updated
- 2012-10-23: Retina MacBook Pro 13 announced
- 2012-08-27: 13.3-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display already in production?
- 2012-06-15: 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display coming?