Looks like Mediatek, Taiwan’s largest chip designer, is planning to throw its weight behind Google’s Android OS as well. The company has confirmed that it will offer a software and hardware platform for future phones using Android by the end of the year. Detailed information wasn’t revealed, but considering that it’s another manufacturer who has been wooed by Google’s OS, Microsoft had better get Windows Phone 7 out of the door pretty soon.
Next Story: Video: iPad Installed Into A Vehicle
- 2014-04-21: Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21: Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2011-11-18: Android presence boosted in Taiwan