This is still firmly in the rumor bin at the moment, but word is going around that the next generation iPhone and iPad could come with camera sensors from Omnivision. Considering that Apple is already in a partnership with said company, it wouldn’t be too much of a surprise if they worked together again. The likely improvement would be the use of a 5-megapixel camera instead of the current 3-megapixel version. The sensor used might be Omnivision’s OV5650 sensor, which can offer the required megapixel grunt, along with improved picture quality at higher resolutions, and the ability to deliver video greater than 480p. Hopefully this means that an iPad with a camera is also on its way.
Next Story: Hiton HT960 tablet
- This iWatch Concept Gives It A More Classic Look
- iPhones More Likely To Be Stolen, But Less Likely To Require Repairing [Study]
- Safety Concerns Raised Over CarPlay Feature
- Mercedes-Benz Could Offer CarPlay Installations For Older Models
- Apple 'Scrambling' To Meet FCC Deadline On In-App Purchases [Report]