Are you always worried about dropping your iPhone and damaging it? If you’re the careless type of person, you’ll be happy to hear that AT&T is planning to launch a new insurance service from June 6th, dubbed MobileProtect, designed specifically for the iPhone. The insurance plan will be run by Asurion and will be priced at $13.99/month.
That’s more than twice the price of insuring other phones, including expensive Blackberrys, and those don’t usually come with deductibles — this has to be a juicy business with hefty margins.
To make things “easy” for subscribers, the insurance plan will be available for purchase from Apple’s App Store and will be billed directly to your credit card. Interested parties will need to subscribe to the plan within 30-days of upgrading or purchasing your new iPhone. The deductibles will range from $99 for an 8GB iPhone 3G to $199 for a 32GB iPhone 3GS. Do you think it’s worth it to pay $168/year to safeguard your iPhone?RELATED
- BlackBerry Interim CEO In It 'For The Long Haul'
- European Commission Gives Its Blessing To Microsoft-Nokia Deal
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Release Apparently Pegged For April 2014
- Recent Sensor Issues On BlackBerry 10 Devices Were Due To Corrupt Server Data
- Moto X Out Of Stock In The Blink Of An Eye
- Follow: at&t, iPhone, leak,
- Seen at: boygeniusreport