Are you always worried about dropping your iPhone and damaging it? If you’re the careless type of person, you’ll be happy to hear that AT&T is planning to launch a new insurance service from June 6th, dubbed MobileProtect, designed specifically for the iPhone. The insurance plan will be run by Asurion and will be priced at $13.99/month.
That’s more than twice the price of insuring other phones, including expensive Blackberrys, and those don’t usually come with deductibles — this has to be a juicy business with hefty margins.
To make things “easy” for subscribers, the insurance plan will be available for purchase from Apple’s App Store and will be billed directly to your credit card. Interested parties will need to subscribe to the plan within 30-days of upgrading or purchasing your new iPhone. The deductibles will range from $99 for an 8GB iPhone 3G to $199 for a 32GB iPhone 3GS. Do you think it’s worth it to pay $168/year to safeguard your iPhone?
Next Story: New Thinner Amazon Kindle To Arrive In August?
- 2014-04-21: Google Glass SMS iPhone Support Coming Soon
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2013-09-13: AT&T iPhone 5s And iPhone 5c Arrives On September 20
- 2013-06-27: T-Mobile, AT&T iPhone 5 14.2 Carrier Update Being Rolled Out
- 2013-06-24: AT&T Discounts iPhone 5, Galaxy S4, HTC One By 50% For A Limited Time
- 2010-05-12: AT&T iPhone Upgrade Eligibility Hints At Possible iPhone 4G Launch On June 21st?
- 2010-05-26: AT&T Employees Claim iPhone 4G Launching In June