This might not come as a surprise to many of you, but Best Buy has officially relaunched CinemaNow as its own service, after purchasing the brand from Sonic Solutions. Business should continue as usual, offering movie and TV show downloads, as well as streaming, but will be the official service of choice for all of its devices. This means that it will support most of the new LG Blu-ray players and home theater systems, as well as the in-house Insignia brand. Downloadable movies will be going between $10 and $20, while new TV episodes will be going for $2 apiece, and rentals in standard definition will set you back $3 to $4. With its store embedded in devices, will this move be a major success for Best Buy?
- Flixster App Launched On Xbox 360 With Support For UltraViolet Videos
- Logitech Unveils Harmony Ultimate, Smart Control Universal Remote Controls
- Panasonic Will Continue To Produce Plasma TVs
- Netflix Reaches 4 Billion Hours Of Streaming Video Milestone In Q1 2013
- LG webOS-Powered TVs Expected In Early 2014