Pac-Man rolled out a good 30 years ago in Japan (the auspicious date was May 22, 1980), and by the time October rolled around, it had arrived in the US and became an instant quarter guzzler, ending up as America’s first blockbuster mainstream videogame. Research as detailed in the Davie-Brown index has shown that Pac-Man has the highest brand awareness (94%) of any video game character among American consumers, and three decades might have gone by, but the game still remains popular even until today. Pac-Man is now playable as a Google Doodle, which means you won’t need to rely on Flash or HTML5 to have it run on your computer/Internet-enabled device. What next, Space Invaders and Centipede?RELATED
- HR3D from MIT: A Better 3D Screen Than the Nintendo 3DS, But...
- Kinect for Flash, Silverlight and Unity
- PrimeSense and Asus to Launch WAVI Xtion Gesture-Controlled User Interface
- Nintendo Game Boy Web App
- Warhammer 40,000 inspired casemod looks totally awesome
- Follow: browser, Google, google doodle, pac man, pacman, web browser,