Pac-Man rolled out a good 30 years ago in Japan (the auspicious date was May 22, 1980), and by the time October rolled around, it had arrived in the US and became an instant quarter guzzler, ending up as America’s first blockbuster mainstream videogame. Research as detailed in the Davie-Brown index has shown that Pac-Man has the highest brand awareness (94%) of any video game character among American consumers, and three decades might have gone by, but the game still remains popular even until today. Pac-Man is now playable as a Google Doodle, which means you won’t need to rely on Flash or HTML5 to have it run on your computer/Internet-enabled device. What next, Space Invaders and Centipede?
Next Story: Qbo open source code robot runs on Linux OS
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Off-White Google Glass Sold Out Quickly
- 2014-04-15: Google I/O Ticket Registration Kicks Off, Lottery System Implemented
- 2014-04-15: ETA For Project Ara's Release Set For January 2015
- 2014-04-15: Buy Google Glass Today In The U.S.
- 2011-02-01: Chrome surpasses 10% market share
- 2011-01-25: Google Chrome browser gets new privacy tool
- 2010-05-24: Google Pac-Man Doodle now available for download
- 2010-08-20: Google patches up security vulnerabilities on Chrome browser
- 2010-11-09: Upcoming Google Chrome speeds up Internet browsing