We’ve previously heard quite a few rumors and hints regarding Google’s upcoming venture into the TV scene. Now word is out that the venture will be called Smart TV. While it hasn’t been confirmed yet, information on Smart TV is expected to be shared at the Google I/O conference that is just around the corner. If the rumors all come together, these set-top boxes would offer folks easy access to the best video-on-demand content from the web, along with photo-sharing sites, as well as social networking. Intel and Sony are known to be part of the whole deal to turn these set-top boxes into a reality, and we’re certainly looking forward to seeing what Google comes up with. Stay tuned, and we’ll keep you updated if any additional details regarding Smart TV are announced.
- Flixster App Launched On Xbox 360 With Support For UltraViolet Videos
- Logitech Unveils Harmony Ultimate, Smart Control Universal Remote Controls
- Panasonic Will Continue To Produce Plasma TVs
- Netflix Reaches 4 Billion Hours Of Streaming Video Milestone In Q1 2013
- LG webOS-Powered TVs Expected In Early 2014