Good news and bad news for iPad fans in the UK. The good news is that you can purchase the iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G; the bad news is that the sheer number of these devices have taken down the activation server of Vodafone UK. Reports are in that the Vodafone call center has confirmed to clients that the service has been down for a few hours, and they haven’t been able to offer an estimated time when the system will be back up and running again, bummer. Both Vodafone and Orange require users to call in to activate their device, while O2 allows its customers to activate their service directly from the iPad itself, similar to how AT&T works.
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2010-01-20: Apple In Talks With UK Operators Over Tablet
- 2010-04-15: O2 And Vodafone To Offer iPad Price Plans From The End Of May
- 2010-09-22: All UK Carriers To Offer Windows Phone 7 Devices