If you’re going to drop by London anytime soon (and why not, especially since the Mayor wants to enable Wi-Fi connectivity throughout the city in time for the 2012 Olympics), then you might be interested to check out their latest people mover, the new London Routemaster which is custom designed and boasts a slew of hybrid technologies within that makes it lighter and more fuel efficient compared to any other double decker before it. Touted to be 40% more efficient compared to current models that run on diesel, they’re quieter, featuring two staircases and a trio of doors that makes it a snap to hop on and hop off, further increasing ease of travel for all 87 passengers on board. Gotta love the new design, that’s for sure.
Next Story: Roller Buggy concept dangerous to baby within
- 2014-04-14: Netherlands' Glow In The Dark Highway Is Now A Reality
- 2014-04-13: U.S. Navy Turns Seawater Into Fuel For Its Vessels
- 2014-04-09: Solar Impulse 2 Wants To Circle The World On Solar Power Alone
- 2014-03-18: Electric Car Batteries Could Be Used to Power Europe’s Data Centers
- 2014-03-03: Nissan LEAF Battery Survives Abuse In Video