Despite the Apple iPad’s overwhelming sales figures in the first few months of its life, Amazon isn’t quaking in its boots and will not introduce a color Kindle to the market in the immediate future to counter the iPad’s threat to its ebook business. While Amazon has not totally ruled out a color Kindle sometime down the road, it isn’t happening anytime soon. According to Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos, adding color to the Kindle’s “electronic ink” display is a difficult technical challenge, as whatever Amazon has in the labs are not yet ready for prime-time production. What do you use your iPad primarily for – as an ebook reader? Do you think both devices overlap one another in this department?
- Guide vest that lets blind wearers "see" the world via tactile feedback
- Palm Touch Panel turns your palm into a touchscreen display
- Awaiba NanEye camera is super small
- Westminster Abbey gets cell phone jammers for royal wedding
- Radar detects concussions in athletes and soldiers
- Follow: Amazon, amazon kindle, ebook, ebook reader, ereader, kindle,
- Seen at: digitaltrends