Having tech and electronics put into fashion seems like an increasingly popular trend nowadays and next up we have the Northskirt. If the name didn’t give it away, it’s a skirt with a built-in compass, which makes whichever row of LEDs on the skirt is pointing north light up. While it might seem a tad boring if you’re just standing around, but try dancing (as seen in the video after the jump) and the effect is a lot more entertaining. The device is powered by a 3.7V lithium polymer battery and the LEDs are juiced by a 9V battery hidden in the belt. Would you wear such a skirt out on a date?
- Redditor Surprised When Her Secret Santa Turns Out To Be Bill Gates
- Bitcoin Value Tumbles After Chinese Government Crackdown
- 3D Systems Pick Up Part Of Xerox
- Super Material Of The Future Could Be A Vegetable
- TWC TV App On The Xbox 360 Gets Video On Demand (VOD)
- Follow: diy, fashion, hack, led,
- Seen at: gizmodo