It seems that at least a trio of Swedish retailers have already listed the upcoming Xbox 360 motion controller Project Natal for 1,499 SEK, and when you convert that to the good ol’ US dollar, it will cost you nearly two Benjamins. This is madness (despite not being in Sparta), considering games alone already cost at least $60 a pop, not to mention the additional money required to take advantage of a new form of controller. Certainly they should take a look at Nintendo to see how the whole motion control thingamajic can be packaged for $200. Of course, bear in mind that this is not the finalized price point yet since it could be a placeholder figure, but at that cost, we suspect only a handful of people will fork out that kind of money to experience Project Natal. What’s your wallet’s upper limit?
- 2010-02-05: Microsoft Project Natal prototype
- 2010-02-23: Project Natal rumored to roll out this October
- 2010-05-30: Brunswick Pro Bowling To Boast Project Natal Support
- 2010-06-02: Microsoft Project Natal up close and personal
- 2010-06-13: Xbox 360 Slim Video Surfaces And Project Natal Renamed As Kinect
- 2010-06-13: Microsoft Kinect Goes Official
- 2010-08-06: Microsoft Kinect could very well read sign language