The PSP2 is rumored to be so powerful that its processor can stumble upon the secret formula to cure cancer. We jest, but you get a rough idea on just how much processing power it holds, according to multiple sources within the game publishing industry who have already signed NDAs and started work on games for the upcoming Sony handheld console. Some features expected to make the final cut include dual camera functionality (from none to two – now that’s more than a jump), a touchscreen display with physical button layouts, the possibility of 3G and of course, a 4-core Cell processor – a mini PS3, so to speak. All the above remains as a rumor at the moment, but who knows? Sony might just overload on the hardware front and hope that people buy it on such a premise as with the PS3, waiting for software quality to catch up later on.
- 2011-06-06: PS Vita will almost certainly be the NGP's new name
- 2011-06-01: More 'proof' supports NGP's new name is PS Vita
- 2011-04-23: Will Resistance use the NGP's camera to pick up weapons?
- 2011-04-15: NGP still on track for a 2011 release
- 2011-04-07: NGP's official name, pricing and launch games to be announced at E3