This is still very much a rumor at this point in time, but with Sharp announcing its latest 3D camera technology for mobile phones, speculation is mounting that Nintendo’s 3D gaming console – the 3DS, might also sport such a 3D camera module. The module is able to capture 720p video in 3D, so it shouldn’t be too far into the future before we see mobile phones that offer cameras that can record in 3D. It’s also worth noting that the Nintendo 3DS is rumored to be using Sharp’s glasses-free parallax barrier technology on the 3DS, so those two companies should already be in partnership. Would a 3D camera be a selling point of the Nintendo 3DS to you?
Next Story: Verizon Demos Real-world LTE Speeds In A Video
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2014-04-09: Nintendo Confirms New Mario Game In The Works
- 2014-04-08: Super Smash Bros. For 3DS Pegged For Summer, Wii U Version For Winter
- 2014-04-06: Super Press Start Shows Off All SNES Start Screens
- 2010-04-01: Sharp Announces 3D/2D Switchable Touchscreen
- 2010-05-10: Nintendo's Upcoming 3DS Will Be Able To Switch Between 2D And 3D Modes
- 2010-06-12: Nintendo 3DS To Have Large Upper 3D Display And 3D Camera?