Sony has filed a patent application for a dual-screened “Electronic Book With Enhanced Features”, and the more eagle-eyed among you might figure this to be what the Microsoft Courier could have been. Sony’s patent application is a no-brainer – when in portrait mode, it offers a dual display, two-page book. When oriented in landscape, the bottom display will function as a virtual keyboard, letting you use the device as a netbook. Most interesting would be the fact that this device sports a “solar charger receptacle on the housing and connectible to a solar charger to charge a battery in the housing.” Guess solar power will come in as a secondary method of juicing it up, eh?
Next Story: Android-powered Samsung i897 Coming To AT&T?
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2010-08-13 Sony to out new Reader devices in due time
- 2010-08-19 Sony's Upcoming Readers Pictured?
- 2010-12-17 Sony's eBook Reader Almost Sold Out In Japan