Sony has filed a patent application for a dual-screened “Electronic Book With Enhanced Features”, and the more eagle-eyed among you might figure this to be what the Microsoft Courier could have been. Sony’s patent application is a no-brainer – when in portrait mode, it offers a dual display, two-page book. When oriented in landscape, the bottom display will function as a virtual keyboard, letting you use the device as a netbook. Most interesting would be the fact that this device sports a “solar charger receptacle on the housing and connectible to a solar charger to charge a battery in the housing.” Guess solar power will come in as a secondary method of juicing it up, eh?
Next Story: Android-powered Samsung i897 Coming To AT&T?
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2010-08-13: Sony to out new Reader devices in due time
- 2010-08-19: Sony's Upcoming Readers Pictured?
- 2010-12-17: Sony's eBook Reader Almost Sold Out In Japan