The Sony NEX3 has leaked (from a Chinese store), and it looks quite exciting. The NEX3 and its sibling the NEX5 come with a relatively small body, but a huge 14 Megapixel APS-C sensor (my Canon 50D has an APS-C sensor, APS-C defines the size) and a replaceable lens mount called “E-Series” mount or “E” (to be confirmed). In any case, this will interest users who are interested in taking high-quality photos without the bulk (and weight!) associated with classic DSLR cameras.
The specifications are drool-worthy: ISO 200-12800, mpeg4/AVCHD video recording, 3″ LCD display (not touch display), SDHC-compatible. The kit lens seems to be a plain 18-55/f3.5-5.6, but you can snap a better lens if you want. The difference between the NX5 and the NX3 is the video-recording capabilities (720p versus 1080p). There are more photos & specifications in the full post – are you excited?
- 14 Megapixel APS-C CMOS Sensor
- Sony E series lens mount
- 11 points AF + AF assist lamp
- 3″ LCD display (not touch) – 920,000 pixels
- 1080p (NX5) or 720p (NX3) video recording
- Full manual settings
- FW50 Lithium battery
- SDHC Cards & MS Memory Stick
- External Flash (!)
- Hotshoe compatible
- Foldable AMOLED display never creases even after 100,000 times
- LifeSize Passport Plugged Into Skype [Video Conferencing]
- OLED microdisplay-based eyetracking Head Mounted Device
- Canon Hack Development Kit
- YouTube Live service is rockin'
- Follow: camera, cmos, digital camera, lens, Sony,
- Seen at: photorumors