All you aspiring businessmen out there must have been waiting for the day that your iPhone could go one step further in helping you grow your business, and now the release of the Square Payment System is here. Aside from Apple’s iPhone, Square will also support the iPad and Android devices as well, so if you’re running an Android-powered device, you won’t be left out. The app is already available in Apple’s App Store, though it’s pointless to install it without having the credit card reader, which the company is giving away for free to folks who sign up. Using the service isn’t free, though, are retailers will have to pay fees that start at 2.75 percent, as well as a 15 cent surcharge. That being said, the setup cost of this is probably cheaper than the more common options out there, as they would require you to have some costly hardware as well. Check out a video on Square after the jump.
Next Story: Android 2.2 FroYo Running On The Nexus One
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2009-12-31: Another iPhone Credit Card Reader For CES?
- 2010-08-26: Mophie And Intuit Offer The Complete Credit Card Solution For iPhone
- 2010-09-08: ROAMpay Credit Card Processing For iOS, Android, And BlackBerry
- 2010-10-21: Square Starts Shipping iPhone 4-compatible Credit Card Readers