All you aspiring businessmen out there must have been waiting for the day that your iPhone could go one step further in helping you grow your business, and now the release of the Square Payment System is here. Aside from Apple’s iPhone, Square will also support the iPad and Android devices as well, so if you’re running an Android-powered device, you won’t be left out. The app is already available in Apple’s App Store, though it’s pointless to install it without having the credit card reader, which the company is giving away for free to folks who sign up. Using the service isn’t free, though, are retailers will have to pay fees that start at 2.75 percent, as well as a 15 cent surcharge. That being said, the setup cost of this is probably cheaper than the more common options out there, as they would require you to have some costly hardware as well. Check out a video on Square after the jump.
- iPhone 5s Shipping Times Improve To 1-3 Days
- Report Claims Touch ID's Accuracy Degrades Over Time
- "Apple Picking" Is A New Smartphone Theft Technique You Need To Be Aware Of
- Lightstrap Turns Your iPhone Into A Flash Ring
- Typo Keyboard Is An Upcoming Keyboard Case For The iPhone
- Follow: Android, credit card, square,
- Seen at: squareup