Transcend has rolled out its latest StoreJet 25D2 portable hard drive that comes in a 2.5″ form factor, where it hooks up to your computing machine of your choice via USB 2.0. We would very much have preferred to see it come with USB 3.0 connectivity, but we guess until that platform becomes mainstream, USB 2.0 will still be here at least for a while. Its exterior comes with a mirror-like high gloss finish, but despite the fragile appearance, it is tough and rugged with an advanced internal hard drive suspension system that prevents damage caused by accidental slips or falls when traveling. The inclusion of anti-slip rubber feet also ensures a stable base for the StoreJet 25D2 to rest on a flat surface. To further strengthen its case, it comes with an automatic power-saving sleep mode after ten minutes of inactivity, letting you save up to 30% of juice. Each purchase comes with Transcend`s own StoreJet Elite software and 256-bit AES encryption, where you can choose from 250GB, 320GB, 500GB and 640GB capacities.
Next Story: Asus Eee PC Seashell 1005PR goes official
- Chromecast Now Able To Stream Web-Based Google Play Content
- ASUS VivoPC Windows 8-Powered Home Theater PC Now Available
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- Google Opening Showrooms In Six U.S. Cities For The Holidays
- Man Implants Large Biometric Computer Chip Into His Forearm