Set-top box company Roku has teamed up with the web-based TV platform creator Clearleap, confirming that they will be partnering with cable companies to allow them to bring their own video on demand services. Such a move would allow subscribers to purchase content from the Internet, with the billing sent directly to the subscribers’ monthly TV bill. They’re currently performing tests of the feature over the next few months and a limited commercial deployment is expected before 2011 in partnership with an unnamed cable TV provider. Pricing of this service hasn’t been mentioned just yet either.
Next Story: Lexar 24-in-1 Card Reader Supports The iPad
- 2014-03-28: Roku CEO Calls The Apple TV A "Money Loser" For Apple
- 2014-03-27: Roku Streaming Stick (HDMI Version) Now Shipping For $49.99
- 2014-03-24: Yahoo Screen Now On Roku
- 2014-03-04: New Roku Streaming Stick (HDMI Version) Announced
- 2014-01-05: Roku TV Introduced