When Google announced that it was working on Chrome OS a while back, we knew that Acer and HP would be supporting the project, and according to some hints from the Chrome OS repositories, seems like Dell is jumping on the Chrome OS bandwagon too, as files labeled after Acer, Dell, and HP were spotted. These files are used to configure hardware support for Chrome OS, so there’s a high chance that Chrome OS will support devices from these companies in the future. It wasn’t clear what devices these products will look like, but we are looking forward to Chrome OS being released sometime soon.
Next Story: HTC Droid Incredible rooted
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 8 Pro Business Tablet Arrives Silently
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 7 Beats Special Edition Spotted On WiFi Alliance Website
- 2014-04-04: HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-03-20: HP 3D Printers Expected In June
- 2011-11-21: Google Chromebooks New Design and Price Cut
- 2009-12-05: Dell Mini 10V to get updated Chrome OS
- 2010-05-15: No Chrome OS Acer Device Anytime Soon?