Foxconn has been getting plenty of negative publicity recently, what with suicide cases and rumors of a fire, but now there is some good news for Foxconn employees, as the company has announced that it will be raising the salary of factory workers by 30 percent, which more or less means bumping the monthly wages from the current $130 up to $175. The pay-rise will be going into effect immediately and hopefully it’ll go some way to reducing (or even eliminating) the suicide cases at Foxconn.
Next Story: Iomega eGo Portable Drives Update
- 2014-02-24: BlackBerry Is Reportedly Bringing Back Trackpads
- 2014-02-17: Foxconn To Encourage Employee Startups
- 2014-02-05: iPhone 4 Production Resumed For Select Markets [Report]
- 2014-01-30: Foxconn-Made BlackBerry With OS 10.2 Certified
- 2014-01-26: First BlackBerry-Foxconn Handset To Debut At MWC 2014
- 2013-05-01: Suicides At Foxconn Continue As Workers Toil In Silent Mode
- 2011-09-27: Another fire at Foxconn, no casualties reported
- 2011-07-20: Another Foxconn worker commits suicide?